Ways to Support
The NEI Water Trails Initiative is comprised of all volunteers with varying backgrounds from environmental science to business but we all share a common love for our waterways in NE Indiana. If you also care about improving access to outdoor recreation and the quality of our water resources you can volunteer to make a difference in your community. Below is a list of various ways in which you can volunteer to further the NEI Water Trails cause.
- Assist registration, set up, prize giveaways, etc. at our annual community event and fundraiser, Pedal, Paddle, and Play, in early June.
- Volunteer at river clean-ups in your area (or organize one).
- Represent the NEI Water Trails at other community events to spread the word about our mission.
- Represent your County or River on the NEI Water Trails Board of Directors.
- Be on one of the NEI Water Trails committees (marketing, education, event planning and fundraising).
- Check with your local park department and learn their volunteer needs.
It is your water trail so however you come to in, join the growing community working to preserve and improve the amazing waterways of Northeast Indiana! Email Kyle Quandt, Northeast Indiana Water Trails Program Manager for more information about how you can get involved at email@example.com.
Community involvement is a key part of the philosophy of our organization. Charitable donations are one way that citizens and companies can get involved and help bring more people to our waters to enjoy the amazing recreation located right out our own backdoors. Donate now to help NEI Water Trails work toward its mission!
Spread the Word!
Rivers touch our lives in so many ways. They are places to learn and explore. They give us time with family and friends on recreational adventures. For many, they are a source of drinking water.
Has exploring our water trails touched your life? Are you sharing the story of your positive experiences? We encourage you to do so and inspire others to experience the water trails first hand.
NEI Water Trails is on a mission to increase recreational opportunities on our waterways. To do this, we need more boat access locations and wayfinding signage. Access locations can be expensive to establish and decision makers need to know that citizens are in favor of the efforts.
Here is a great opportunity for you to tell your story to decision makers. Contact your local and state representatives and tell them to support efforts to provide more access sites to our rivers.
“America is a great story and there is a river on every page.” Charles Kuralt